Ooh, I love these quizzy-questions-getting-to-know-you things. Big thanks, to one of my favourite Twitter & blogging buddies, The Anxious Dragon, for the nomination. I’m not entirely sure what it means, but I appreciate the sentiment, so here goes!
•Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
•Answer the 10 questions given to you.
•Nominate 10 bloggers for the award.
•Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
•Display the award on your blog or post.
Questions from The Anxious Dragon:
Why did you start blogging?
I’m a copywriter & I’m often tasked with writing formal (tedious) copy, be it blog posts on hair loss or nutritional labels for olive oil bottles. I write what I am asked to and my creativity is often not invited.
Believe it or not, considering the tone of this blog, I am also writing a young adult fiction book, as well as a play with my local theatre.
Such things do not leave much room for expressing my real feelings; nor am I permitted to swear, and I do like a swear. I started my personal blog last month to facilitate my desire to write whatever I want, without constraint. I use a pseudonym which helps keep this side of my creative life secret. It is incredibly liberating to write under another name. As no one knows me, the risk of offending is minimal. Generally.
What are you currently reading?
Perfect People, by Peter James. Often found with Tony Parsons, David Nicholls or Mark Haddon.
When and why did you last cry?
Watching Southpaw on Christmas Day. Couldn’t bear to see Jake Gyllenhaal broken!
What is/was your nickname and why?
Hmm, can’t say. It’ll threaten my anonymity!
Who was your first pet?
Cleopatra, the gerbil.
What is your most unusual talent?
Hmm, not bursting with talent. Tricky one. I’m a fast runner?
What sort of house do you live in?
A new-build on a new housing development. The opposite of where I’d like to live. I’d prefer a little cottage, in the hills, with no neighbours.
Who is your current crush?
Eddie Izzard. Alan Rickman. Steve Coogan. Jake Gyllenhaal. Bradley Cooper. Jennifer Aniston. Pierce Brosnan. Robert Redford.
What would be your perfect date?
All of the above and a game of Sardines.
What are your favourite chocolates?
Any combo of wafer and caramel. Lion Bar?
- Where do you write?
- What are you hoping to achieve from your blog?
- Which literary character would you most like to be?
- What songs do you want played at your funeral?
- Which is more important: happiness or success?
- Complete the following sentence: ‘I’d be happier if…’
- Which actor would play you in a film?
- Which four people would you like to be stuck in a lift with?
- Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing?
- Which Star Wars character are you?
Parenting in Pyjamas
Write Side of the Road
Mostly in Pyjamas
Rosie Hill (Eco-Gites)
Budget Food Mummy
Tin Box Traveller
A Moment With Franca
Look forward to reading your replies. And thanks lots for joining-in and spreading the Twitter love.
Have a sparkling 2016! xx
3 Comments Add yours
Thanks for the nomination Annie, I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated for this previously and had lots of fun writing the post. Like you, I also use a pseudonym… there are lots of reasons behind this.
My answers to your questions would be…
1. I write mostly in my head… often at the most inconvenient moments possible.
2. An honest narrative of what really goes on in my life. I’m also happy to work on sponsored features that are a good match for my readers.
3. Elizabeth Bennet.
4. Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong… it was released the year I was born, so it seems fitting that it should be played at my funeral.
6. I’d be happier if… I could move to Cornwall and live in a penthouse with sea views.
7. Fay Ripley.
8. Barack Obama, Graham Norton, Dawn French and can I have my cat?
10. I’m not a fan tbh… but did an online quiz & apparently I’d be Nien Numb because even in the darkest of times I find something to laugh at.
Here’s to a brilliant 2016 x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fabulous! Funny, my last boss called me Lizzie Bennett. I’ll take that!
Interestingly, I started this blog to enable me to write honesty and with total freedom. Ironically, whilst I have the honesty box ticked, I still struggle with writing freely. I’m cautious of offending people, so my writing is often edited. It shouldn’t be, should it?
Thanks for joining in. xx
Ps. Tried the dreamy move to Cornwall. It was exactly that, a dream. Stayed for two years & then realised it wasn’t reality, so we moved back. Great chapter, though. x